GG DApp — Sprint Review #14
2022 has been progressing quickly with a lot of news around us, both inside and outside crypto. Meanwhile our team has worked hard in the background on new developments.
GG DApp is an upcoming gaming platform and DeFi ecosystem, with NFTs at its core, that aims to reward players, developers and investors. Every month we write a review with all the recent updates. Find out more about the latest developments in Sprint Review #14.
Pirates 2048 — launching a new version
After finishing our 2021 season, it was time to gather the feedback we have received and to apply the updates we had in mind. After quite some preparation in the backend, we are almost ready to launch a new version of Pirates2048. This will include a few iterations:
- New player onboarding
- Game tutorial
- Mobile optimisations
- General bug fixes & gameplay improvement
On top of this, we are getting ready for a new Pirates 2048 tournament! The 2022 season will have a regular flow of tournaments, which we will communicate about soon. For now we can only say, start practicing Pirates!
GG DApp — Stabilizing the staking pool
The congestion of the Polygon network has been an ongoing topic this year. After switching our reward distribution to once per 24 hours, we have not encountered as many challenges, but are still moving ahead with improvements to avoid any issues moving forward.
As you can see in the statistics above, there is still a lot of room for current and new GGTK holders to join our staking pool. We look forward to seeing all of you participate and invite anyone with feedback to join our Discord.
Marketing — Evaluating our agency efforts
Working towards our Open Beta launch, GG DApp closed deals with two marketing agencies to work on our PR approach and influencer marketing. We have by now extensively evaluated their performance and our plan moving forward:
- Our PR Agency produced a significant amount of high-quality articles across a range of crypto related websites (screenshot above). Many of these articles were shared on our social media and will be featured on our website moving forward. For future opportunities we are planning to deploy PR on a peak-basis around major news events.
- Together with our influencer agency, we selected a small range of influencers across Twitter and YouTube. The results of these efforts did not turn out as we had hoped for. Engagement on the posts, as well as traffic towards our website/social media and Telegram were very low. The effort was too short term and it was clear that we need longer exposure and a stronger connection with the influencers we work with.
- Even though this has not yielded the results we were aiming for, we have used these learnings to change our influencer approach. We will not work through an agency for now and will instead consider working with long-term ‘brand ambassadors’, who should feel more as part of the project and community, instead of one time promoters. If you feel like you know a good match, please reach out to us via email@example.com.
Combined with our agency evaluation, we have also worked on a new strategy framework for our 2022 Marketing Strategy. In line with our long-term strategy, we believe that our product is the foundation of our project and that true growth will come from product innovation. We have also realized — both from our own project and others — that we need to invest more in our community and content, on top of paid marketing. A lot of people will start looking into the community after seeing paid ads, so you guys are a crucial factor in their decision to invest or not.
Key changes in our marketing strategy will therefore be:
- Increase of sneak-peaks into our product developments
- Engaging more with our community through content and give-aways. Check out our latest give-away on our Twitter.
- Daily content on our social media
- Long term ‘ambassador deals’ with influencers, supported by paid ads
- PR for key news moments
We welcome any feedback on this strategy via Telegram or by reaching out to firstname.lastname@example.org.